Monday, December 5, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Lunchbox Edition

Good Morning!


I'm feeling good about lunches this week.  Three of the four we will need tomorrow are packed and ready to go, and we actually talked about what we were putting in them tonight.  The younger two and I even had an interesting conversation when one of them asked "What's protein?"

Protein Choices:
String Cheese
Peanut Butter (in sandwiches or as a side for dipping apple slices)
Raw Almonds (not roasted or salted)
Go-gurt

Fruit & Vegetable Choices:
Grapes
Baby Carrots
Cucumbers
Bananas
Avocados
Dried Apricots
Applesauce

Grain Choices:
Bread (in sandwiches)
Granola Bars
Mini Rice Cakes (cheddar and caramel flavors)
Cheese Nips Crackers
Pretzels

As a side note for those of you without school age kids, I often make my own lunch from the "ingredients" I list out in this post.  Especially on days when we don't have leftovers to choose from or if I am running late in the morning.  A typical lunch for me is baby carrots, hummus, avocado & almonds.

What's in your lunch box this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment