Friday, January 6, 2012

Financially Fit Friday

"When real faith grips you, you develop a mind-set that looks for the best in everything, refuses to give up, finds a way around or through every obstacle, and presses on to victory."
- Norman Vincent Peale


Have you started a money makeover? What are you planning on paying CASH for? What bill are you paying off? Share a bit of your story! No story is too small to share! Real life stories keep Sister C motivated :D Catch up on Our Story to see how far we've come.

Emergency Fund - $1000 - STOCKED!

Tuition Payment - $1000 due on 1/25/2011
  • Deposited $3 from a survey
  • Deposited $15 From clothes fund - earned a $15 Kohls gift card from Huggies Rewards
    • I have to say THANK YOU to Stephanie for sending me these codes to add to my account!!  You are helping us achieve our goal and I thank you so much for thinking of us!!
  • Deposited $8.07 in spare change
  • Deposited $20 in leftover income
  • Transferred $77.32 from House Fund
  • Deposited $108.20 from Scrip Program! 
    • This program is through our kids' school.  We buy gift cards for gas, groceries, department stores, etc each week and a portion of it goes to decrease our tuition amount due! 
  • Currently Saved $331.59 - 33 % of our goal
    • Whoa, this is quickly approaching.  I forgot about it, crap. lol
Fun Money - I am saving up my money to take Hubby on an Anniversary Trip this year - our first vacation together since we got married!
  • Deposited $0 in fun money, I need to work a full week before I get fun money again :o( 
  • Current Balance $117.72
    • This account pays for my membership at Curves, for my ladies night out, and gifts for birthdays and Christmas. So I need to start saving for Christmas! Oh wait, I'm excellent at finding sales/deals, so I don't need much lol
House Fund - Goal $15,000.00 by 5/31/2011
  • Deposited $0, we need to stock the Tuition Fund first :o( 
  • Currently Saved $0
    • I also plan to call around to different banks and find out mortgage rates, down payment requirements for different purchases - such as 'regular' house buying mortgages, foreclosures, short sales, contract for deed, etc. Then we'll know what we are up against :D
Likes | Tumblr
The following are the other loans we currently have, but will put them on the back burner as we save for a house bigger than a 2-bedroom for our family of SIX :D We plan on keeping the duplex we currently own, and renting out the side we currently live in, thus earning more money each month that will pay these off for us :D

Hubby's Student Loan as of 10/01/2011 $9395
  • Outstanding Balance is $9,240.20
My Student Loan as of 10/01/2011 $6480
  • Outstanding Balance is $6,366.18
Family Loan $3000 - Will be paid back with tax return

No comments:

Post a Comment