Friday, March 4, 2011

Financially Fit Friday

Wow, it's been a LONG time since I've really posted on this topic! 

Since Dad passed away, I haven't worked much, so our Indiana fund was depleted and so was 1/2 our emergency fund.  I'm ok with that.  I'm SO thankful that we had that money set aside.  It was the reason I could spend so much time with my family.  I have another trip back home next weekend, so I better start saving up again!  And we're planning on heading out to Indiana over Easter as D has a lot of time off from school then.  I guess Gran and Grandpa are going through Crazy Grandkids Withdrawal :o)

So, new standing...

Emergency fund = $500.50

Deposited today...
  • $6.94 in change
  • $6 from paid surveys
New Emergency Fund Total = $507.44

Hubby R and I (Sister C) will be sitting down and figuring out what categories our tax return will go to.  I have one more thing to look up and we can get that filed!  We want to "stock" up our envelope system (OH!  I "bought" Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey with my Swagbucks!), restock the Emergency Fund if not done yet, restock the Indiana Fund (which should really be more than $500), pay cash for a second vehicle, pay off two loans, and fix up the house - bathroom floor is cracking, ceiling needs some work, etc.  Whoa, that sounds like we're getting like $30,000!  Ha!  I hope! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment