Saturday, April 2, 2011

Financially Fit Friday

Welcome to Financially Fit Friday (on Saturday lol). 

Do you ever have those days, weeks or even months when you just can't seem to get back on track?  It's not like we were derailed or anything, but the Money Train in our house is taking it's good ol' sweet time coming back to the station.  I was joking with Hubby R the other night that it seems like whenever we get our emergency fund all filled up and we are either almost done saving for a trip to Indiana or we are knocking out other debt, BAM!  There goes the emergency fund.  Don't get me wrong - it's why it's there!  But for one year I'd like to not having any more emergencies.  (Truth be told, I'd rather NEVER have them, but life doesn't work that way, but it would be nice to feel like we are constantly on track and not have anything thrown at us.)

Sisters S & C have chatted with Cousin C and decided to take a much needed vaca out to Colorado at the end of the summer.  I think this is what I need to stay on track with everything.  Sometimes, you need a goal other than just being debt-free to keep you on track to becoming debt-free!  I will have to pick up a few extra shifts a month to pay CASH for this trip (no cash = not allowed to go) and it will be a vacation that has been EARNED, not one that will have to be repaid after I get back (aka, no using plastic). 

With that said, here's what's going on...

Emergency Fund (Goal $1000) - STOCKED


Indiana Fund (Goal $500) - $419.37 - only $80.63 left!


Colorado Fund (Sister C's fun $) - Can't find my statement :o(  $20+

I made a deposit into our regular account (instead of the Indiana fund, oops) of $9.89 - $3 survey, $6.89 in spare change.  I have no checks to get that money out of that account.  So I'll just leave it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment