Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Couponing 102

One thing I, Sister C, have learned is that you don't need to get every amazing deal you come across.  We are on a tight budget, so we don't have a lot of extra to spend on things just because it's a great deal.  I received a NOWWOW from Hy-Vee for a $5/$50.  This is usually before other coupons, at least that's how Cub operates, I'm going on assumption that Hy-Vee is the same.  I save up my FREE product coupons I received from following Kristin's 5-a-Days from Couponing to Disney and other ones offered on Facebook for these type of deals.  Usually I will get $30-40 worth of FREE products, then the last $10-20 is my fruits and veggies and other great deals in their flyers that will put me at the $50 mark to use the extra $5 off.  However, I didn't run uptown to use this up as they didn't have a lot I wanted to get this week, so I didn't waste my time.  However, if you are on NOWWOW and needed things from Hy-Vee, today would have been the perfect day to run there! 

So, Day 2 of restarting my coupon stash...I decided not to use up the few coupons I had for deals I really didn't need.  I printed a few coupons from online for products I will need to get soon, sent a few emails for the 5-a-Days and that's about it.  We are going to be eating out of the cupboard more and more this week as I'm hoping to save money on groceries. 

I did make a run to the Sara Lee Outlet on 169 and scored a good deal on my breads and stuff for this week.  Total was $6.87 for all of this.

2 Soft and Smooth loaves
1 pkg Chocolate Donuts
2 bags Mini Bagels
3 ct box of popcorn

Wednesdays there you get an extra 10% off your order.  Every day you get a free item from their stash if you spend more than $7.  The cashier was super nice and allowed me to take one (the Mini Cinnamon Bagels) even though I was 13c short :D

1 comment:

  1. That is a GREAT idea to use your free product coupons with a $5/$50 offer! I never thought of doing that. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete