Friday, June 3, 2011

Financially Fit Friday

Emergency Fund - Stocked

Vehicle Fund - Stocked
  • We'll be purchasing this vehicle in June.  Right now we are technically "borrowing" it. 
Indiana Fund (Goal is $500)
  • Current Balance is $28.59
    • Nothing has changed :o(  We'll be dipping into the "Emergency Fund" to help us get out there.  I bought a $25 Gift Card to a restaurant to help pay for our meals on the way, plus gave us some money back to pay for the kids' education come fall.  I think we did pretty good being this will be our third trip out there in less than two months and never dipping into the "Emergency Fund"!  We are also going out there during the week, so Hubby R and I won't lose our work hours on the weekends where we tend to make most of our income. 
  • New Balance is $53.59

Colorado Fund (Goal is $250)
  • Deposited $10
  • Total - $79.16
    • I changed the Goal amount since our plane tickets were bought.  This is now just my spending money.  We'll be staying with Cousin C, so we save LOTS by not having a hotel.  I love family!

Credit Card Beginning Balance 4/29/11 - $6031.08

  • I never called to get them to decrease the interest rate instead of transferring it to another credit card for a lower interest rate.  The interest was tacked on this week.  Lit a fire under my butt to call.  That's my goal today. 
  • Current Balance - $5583.60 
    • I can't wait for this to be gone.  Credit cards make me so angry.  (Having a balance on them, not the companies themselves.  It's our own fault, so I guess I'm angry at us for even using them!  UGH!)
     *If you follow Dave Ramsey, he says no matter what to pay down your next lowest balance.  This is not our next lowest balance, but it's our highest interest rate one.  Now that we've paid off so many loans in the last 2 years, we believe this is a better route to go, where as our other loans have such a small interest rate on them, this is by far the worst "loan" we have.  So,  Ready...Set...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment