Friday, June 24, 2011

Couponing 103

In a way, this "I left my coupon purse in Wisconsin" thing isn't so bad.  I can print the majority of coupons I could use off the internet.  This has also made me stop and think about if I really need the product, or am I just getting it because it's a great deal?  My husband and I are starting a Biggest Loser contest on Monday, so I'm also watching more of what we eat.  So I may not be saving a ton of money at the grocery store, but we'll be looking fabulous :D 

Today, I ran a few errands.  I picked up a few more mini accordian files to restart my coupon stash - this actually gave me a reason to buy these.  I've been using note cards to separate out my different categories for coupons, and they are so hard to use, they are all bent out of shape.  This way, I have two small files that will fit into my coupon purse.  I may buy one more once I get my purse back if it will fit three.  Otherwise I'm just going to streamline things.  While I was out, I made sure to do a quick run through each of the isles to see if there were coupons to grab.  I did snag a few :D 

What I learned today was that at Hy-Vee Spirits (their liquor store, is that the name?) they have Wine Bucks, similar to their Baby Bucks.  For every 300 points (1pt = $1 spent) you'll get a $10 Hy-Vee gift card.  Nothing spectacular, but I don't see any other place in town doing that.  I can also use my Hy-Vee gift cards there that help pay for our kids' educations.  It may take me 10 years to save up 300 points, but in 10 years, I'll have enough to get a small bottle of wine lol

No comments:

Post a Comment