Friday, June 10, 2011

Financially Fit Friday

Emergency Fund - Stocked

Vehicle Fund - Stocked
  • We'll be purchasing this vehicle in June.  Right now we are technically "borrowing" it. 
Indiana Fund (Goal is $500)
  • Current Balance is $53.59
    • Deposited $3.73 in spare change
    • Deposited $95 in leftover income
    • Deposited $3 paid survey
    • Deposited $10 "gift  money"
      • I received an email saying I could get $10 off if I renewed my magazine subscription.  In the fine print, it said I could take it in the form of a check instead :D  I took the check obviously lol
  • New Balance is $165.32

Colorado Fund (Goal is $250)
  • Deposited $10
  • Total - $89.16
    • I changed the Goal amount since our plane tickets were bought.  This is now just my spending money.  We'll be staying with Cousin C, so we save LOTS by not having a hotel.  I love family!

Credit Card Beginning Balance 4/29/11 - $6031.08

  • I called and they won't lower the interest rate.  So Hubby R and I have to decide if we are going to do a balance transfer or just keep chipping away and not hassle with opening and closing accounts to save a few bucks - well, a lot of bucks lol
  • Transferred $338.34
  • Current Balance - $5245.26
    • I can't wait for this to be gone.  Credit cards make me so angry.  (Having a balance on them, not the companies themselves.  It's our own fault, so I guess I'm angry at us for even using them!  UGH!)
     *If you follow Dave Ramsey, he says no matter what to pay down your next lowest balance.  This is not our next lowest balance, but it's our highest interest rate one.  Now that we've paid off so many loans in the last 2 years, we believe this is a better route to go, where as our other loans have such a small interest rate on them, this is by far the worst "loan" we have.  So,  Ready...Set...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment