Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Workout Wednesday

I hate working out.  No, really, I HATE working out.  I don’t like to sweat and unfortunately, I’m so out of shape that all it takes is a walk around the block or running up the stairs to grab the phone to wind me.  I’m not sure how I ended up here, but I don’t really enjoy being this unhealthy. 
For those of you who have been reading my new weekly segment, Money Makeover Monday, you know that we are making some big changes in our life in 2011.  It really all started with a coupon and a page long list I made in December.  Instead of a simple, cheesy New Year’s resolution that I make and break each December 31, I decided to really take a look at what I could do to have “peace within” in 2011.  That’s what I titled the list I keep on my desktop.  Every so often I look at the list to see what I’ve accomplished so far.  It’s a long list, and I doubt I’ll get it all done in 2011, but that really wasn’t my goal. 
Two of the things that WERE on my list were to exercise and eat healthier.   As you know from my post yesterday, Sister C and I are both participating in a Biggest Loser contest.  I’ve also taken on two challenges from a friend at work.  She is in much better shape than me and has challenged me to give up Dr. Pepper and find time to exercise.  For those of you who know me, you realize how difficult these two will be for me.   So far, I’ve cut back but not eliminated my Diet Dr. Pepper.   My personal goal is only 1 bottle per day instead of the 3 I’ve been drinking.  I have also made a “date” with a friend at work for 3 o’clock each afternoon.  We are going to spend our 10 minute afternoon break walking each day.  It’s not much, but for me it’s significant and more importantly, it’s working.  I’ve already dropped a couple pounds this week and I feel great.  
I’d love to hear what YOU do to find time in your busy lives to exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment