Monday, August 29, 2011

Money Makeover Monday

Are you in the middle of a money makeover?  Have you ever started one, told the world about it and then just sort of abandoned it?  That's where my money makeover is today.  Scott and I started out with the "gazelle like intensity" Dave Ramsey refers to in his book, "The Total Money Makeover," and now we are more like lumbering elephants.  We are still moving in the right direction, but we seem to have lost some of our zeal and drive to push through as quickly as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a fantastic program and we are still following the basic principles, just more slowly than we started.   Right now, the plan is to keep plodding along and to work on lighting a fire back under each other so we can pick up some momentum.  We are looking for a Financial Peace University class in our area to attend this fall so we can surround ourselves with others who are working on the same goals and, perhaps, facing the same setbacks.  We want to really build on each step and be able to reinforce the lessons / steps for ourselves.

Our goal is still to have all non-mortgage loans paid in full by the end of March.  I'll be checking in periodically, though not weekly to let you know how it's going.  In the meantime, if any of you have any money makeover stories to share, I could use some motivation and I'm sure others could too.  I look forward to cheering on your successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment