Thursday, August 11, 2011

Walgreen's Run

Sister C made a few trips to Walgreen's today.  I can't pass up their $3 pizzas!  And I decided to totally take advantage of their RRs and make a few transactions.  I normally don't do this as I personally don't want to take the time when I'm shopping with kids to figure out which items go on which transaction :D 

Instead of just buying the $3 pizzas, I decided to buy some items I could use and use the RRs I got on those products to pay for my pizzas...


Transaction #1 -#3
Listerine Smart Rinse $3
  • used $1 off coupon
Total $2 x 3 transactions = $6 + tax
Received 3- $2RR

Transaction #4
Listerine Smart Rinse $3
2 TicTacs on clearance (cheaper than Hy-Vee's sale) 89c each
4 Cups (gifts for my kiddos) 50c WYB 2 or more
  • used 2 - 75c off TicTacs
  • used $1 off Smart Rinse
Total $4.28
Received $2RR

Transaction #5 - This is when I felt bad, there were 2 people line now,but it went quick!
2 Cafe W Pizzas $3 each
  • Used 2 - $2RR from previous transactions - I forgot you can only use 2 coupons since I only bought 2 items
Total $2

Total Spent at Downtown Walgreens $10.28
Total Saved $28.80

Then I ran to the Madison Ave Walgreens because I still wanted more pizzas :D

Transaction #1
4 Lysol Disinfecting Wipes $2.50 each
2 Lysol Bathroom Cleaners $2.50 each
1 Crayola Crayons (they actually had quite a few left!)
  • used 2 - $1/2 Lysol DisinfectingWipes
  • used $1/2 Lysol Bathroom Cleaners
  • used $2RR from Downtown Walgreens
Total $11 + tax
Received $5RR from Lysol, $1RR from Crayola
Normally Walgreens has taken as many coupons as there are items.  For example, if you were buying 10 items, you can use 10 coupons (manufacturer, Walgreens or RRs).  However, I was not able to use an extra RR in this transaction because the coupons I used for the Lysol were for when you buy TWO products and the coupon is making the register count it as TWO coupons.  Just a heads up for you! 

Transaction #2
2 Cafe W Pizzas $3 each
  • used $5RR from previous transaction
  • used $1RR from previous transaction
Total $0 + no tax on food :D

Total Spent at Madison Ave Walgreens $11+tax
Total Saved $I don't know - I can't find my receipt!!  But it's a good number lol 

I spent just over $21 + tax today.  And I still have one $2RR to use up, and I found another $1RR hidden in my Walgreen's slot in my accordian file :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment