Friday, November 11, 2011

Financially Fit Friday

"When real faith grips you, you develop a mind-set that looks for the best in everything, refuses to give up, finds a way around or through every obstacle, and presses on to victory."
- Norman Vincent Peale


Have you started a money makeover? What are you planning on paying CASH for? What bill are you paying off? Share a bit of your story! No story is too small to share! Real life stories keep Sister C motivated :D Catch up on Our Story to see how far we've come.

Emergency Fund - $1000 - STOCKED!

Tuition Payment - $1000 due on 1/25/2011
  • Currently saved $0
Fun Money - Not sure what to save up for. I'm toying with the idea of visiting my sister in Maine in June...
  • Deposited 0$ in fun money.
    • We only received $15 this week, and I went out with my coworkers for a drink and dinner :D
  • Current Balance $158.72
    • This account pays for my membership at Curves, for my ladies night out, and gifts for birthdays and Christmas. So I need to start saving for Christmas! Oh wait, I'm excellent at finding sales/deals, so I don't need much lol
House Fund - Goal $15,000.00 by 5/31/2011
  • Deposited $2.10 in spare change
  • Deposited $2.50 from a Lysol rebate.
  • Deposited $350 in leftover tips and paychecks
    • This was much higher, but our toilet overflowed, flooding the bathroom and the toy room in the basement.  We needed to buy cleaning supplies and a new Hoover Floormate, which I love!  It cleaned up the nasty mess so quickly!  Plus we weeded through the toys and threw out 2 garbage bags full!  So, there is a silver lining to every mess.  However, we have lots of work ahead of us - bathroom floor needs to be redone, and the ceiling in the basement has to be redone.  It was so water logged that when my husband touched it, his hand went right through it. 
  • Currently Saved $444.28
    • In the next few weeks I plan to research out where to put our money to get the highest interest rate. I know it might not be much, but every little bit helps :D
    • I also plan to call around to different banks and find out mortgage rates, down payment requirements for different purchases - such as 'regular' house buying mortgages, foreclosures, short sales, contract for deed, etc. Then we'll know what we are up against :D
Likes | Tumblr
The following are the other loans we currently have, but will put them on the back burner as we save for a house bigger than a 2-bedroom for our family of SIX :D We plan on keeping the duplex we currently own, and renting out the side we currently live in, thus earning more money each month that will pay these off for us :D

Hubby's Student Loan as of 10/01/2011 $9395
  • Outstanding Balance is $9,342.92
My Student Loan as of 10/01/2011 $6480
  • Outstanding Balance is $ - I can't log in. I've been trying to for awhile now.
Bank of America loan as of 10/01/2011 $2228.49, with minimum payments will be paid off in 17 months.
  • Outstanding Balance is $2,228.49
  • I called this company and asked how much we needed to up our payments to get this done in 12 months.  It's only $60/mo.  So we are jumping on that!  Now scheduled to be done 11-2012!
Family Loan $3000 - Will be paid back with tax return
Family Loan $1000 - Will be paid back with tax return

No comments:

Post a Comment