Monday, November 21, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Good Morning!!  Thanks to those people who shared menu ideas last week!  I really appreciate the ideas and enjoy seeing what others are making.  Personally, I've kind of been on a soup / stew kick lately.  The Loaded Potato Soup I made last week turned out great.  Scott ate leftover soup for breakfast the next day!   It was really easy and started with a bagged soup mix, but I think next time I'll try the whole thing from scratch.

That's the other thing I am looking into, cooking from scratch.  I've always been a "faster and easier is better" sort of cook, but lately I've been feeling like simpler is better.  And by simpler, I don't necessarily mean faster and easier.  I'm working on more whole foods and made from scratch recipes.  I'd like to work my way away from eating out of boxes and start using real food, not freeze dried or re-constituted stuff.  It's going to be interesting and challenging, but I feel like the health rewards will be worth it.  I also believe it will be more cost effective.   I'll let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, here's what I'm thinking we'll make this week:

Monday:  Ravioli, Caesar Salad, Garlic Bread
Tuesday:  Chili Pie with Cheesy Potato Topping, corn bread
Wednesday:  Pancakes, Eggs, Sausages
Thursday:  Thanksgiving Dinner with Extended Family
Friday:  Thanksgiving Part 2 with Extended Family
Saturday:  Cheesy Vegetable Chowder, salad, breadsticks
Sunday:  Leftovers

What are all of you making this week?  A couple of you shared last week and I was grateful for your suggestions and comments!! I'd like to challenge more of you to post at least one of the meals on your menu for the week here.  Let's see how many different ideas we can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment