Monday, November 21, 2011

Transformation Tuesday - A New Challenge

Time to check in again - It's been a rough couple weeks for me and the Biggest Loser challenge.  But, I thought it would be appropriate to post this week, when most of us will face a huge challenge - Thanksgiving Dinner.  Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes, the list goes on.......

So, how can a "dieter" or even someone just watching their weight enjoy this food centered holiday without doing some serious harm to your waistline?  Here are a few tips to help you survive and enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner:
1.  Drink Water - Make it a point to drink at least one full glass of water 10-20 minutes before the big meal.  The water will make you feel fuller and help prevent over-eating.
2.  Small Portions - Go ahead and taste all your holiday favorites, just serve up small portions of each.  This way you won't feel like you are missing anything.
3. Save Dessert for Later - You know you want dessert, but you also know that right after you finish the turkey you will be stuffed beyond full.  So, have the pumpkin pie, but wait an hour or so.  You'll get to enjoy dessert and take care of the afternoon munchies all at once.

MY biggest challenge during the holidays isn't the meals, it's the snacks.  This week will be a big challenge for me.  I'm hoping I can take my own advice and stick to my plan, or at least close to it.  :o)  I just need to keep reminding myself that I CAN do this.

What are your strategies for enjoying Thanksgiving while not throwing your healthy eating habits and weight loss goals out the window?  Any tips and tricks you can share?  Thanks for your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment