Friday, January 28, 2011

Cub Run 1-28-11


Here is Sister C's Cub Run today.  Before I go into detail - before you leave the store (if you have time) or right when you get home you NEED to CHECK YOUR RECEIPT!  They messed up pretty good on mine and I went back and got over $15 BACK. 

*PLUS* Cub changed their coupon policy (effective for all Cubs I was told).  If you have an internet coupon that allows you for a free product without having to buy another product, then they are no longer accepting them.  For example - I had two coupons for a free New York Style product up to $3.99.  Since it did not require me to buy another product in order for me to receive it free and it was printed from the internet, they didn't accept it.  If it's a coupon that comes in the Sunday paper or the company sends it to you, they will still accept that. 

Ok, so here's what I got!

5 Goldfish crackers $1 each = $5
2 Fiber One Bars $2.50 each - used two $2 off coupons (no longer available online) = $1
Fiber One Cereal $4.15 - used B2 Fiber One Bars get Fiber One Cereal Free = FREE
2 Bags Tortilla Chips $1.50 each = $3 (this is not my stocking up price, but needed some for bday party tomorrow)
10 Fuze $1 each - used $5 off WYB 10 Cub Coupon PLUS $3 off WYB 10 manufacturer coupon in the extra Cub booklet (white and blue) = 20c each or $2
Fisherboy fish sticks $3.49 each (on sale from $5.99) = $10.47
Marzetti Veggie Dip $3 - used $1 off coupon = $2
Wholly Guacamole $2 - used $1 off coupon (found at Hy-Vee Hilltop by the Food Should Taste Good chips! = $1
4 Minute Maid OJs $2.50 each - used 2 B1G1 (no longer available to print) = $1.25 each
3 Zone bars $1 each - used $1 off coupon (exp) = 3 for FREE
1 Kikkoman Stir Fry Sauce - $1.72 used $1 off coupon = 72c
1 Kikkoman Ponzu Sauce $2.89 - used buy Kikkoman Sauce get Ponzu Free = FREE
Magic Stars (Cub brand) cereal $1.99 used $2 off Cub brand item WYB $10 worth of products (in white and blue Cub coupon book) = FREE

Total = Just over $29.  Saved over $20 just by using coupons.  I wish Cub tallied in what the original cost was, then coupons then sales to tell us what we saved should we have boughten it at full price!   Maybe I'll send them that suggestion.  But my guess is just buying them on sale saved me over $20 looking at my receipt and knowing what things normally cost (Goldfish are $2.19, Fish sticks were $5.99, Veggie dip usually $4, etc).  

So, lesson to be learned - look at your receipts!  This is the second time I caught major mistakes at Cub.  Get to know your coupons, and watch them ring it up.  If it rings up incorrectly, politely ask them to take a peek at it for you.  If you're nice, they should be too!   

No comments:

Post a Comment