Friday, January 21, 2011

Financially Fit Friday

Each Friday, we will focus on a way to help you in the old bank account. 

Step 1 - Set a budget.  How much do you spend on groceries per week?  Take that amount out in CASH for you to spend at the store.  If you normally spend $200/week on groceries and toiletries, then that's what you take out of the bank every week.  Once you get used to watching sales and using coupons, you should be able to seriously slash that amount and have extra to put towards your savings, a new vehicle, paying off stupidity loans ;o) 

Step 2 - Get coupons.  Stop by the gas station on Sunday and pick up a few papers.  Yes, I said a few!  I pick up any where from 2-4 papers, depending on what coupons are going to be in them.  This Sunday, I plan on buying just 2.  You can also check out online coupon printing sites (I haven't found a store yet that accepts manufacturer coupons and not internet coupons).  Check out SmartSource and Red Plum for starters.  Three coupons will print per page.  I have yet to figure out how to not print in color.  If you know how - please save me some $ and tell me how! 

A friend asked me how I manage my coupons.  There are several different ways.  Tonight, I'll put a post together for you to show you what I do, along with some other ideas so you can find what works best for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment