Monday, January 24, 2011

Cub Run

I made a last minute dash to our Cub before our new ad begins tomorrow.  We really like the Progresso soups, so I grabbed 8 more of those.  I think I have 20 in the cupboard.  But I couldn't pass up the stocking up price!  They were on sale this week for $1 each.  I bought 8, used 2 - $1 off 4 coupons exp 1/16/11 plus 2 B2G1 FREE coupons that were at the Hilltop Hy-Vee last week.  Any time I see coupons at a store, I snag up a bunch :o)  So I got 8 soups for $4 (50c each). 

Also, when going to Cub, take a peek at their clearance area.  In both the Hilltop and Riverfront stores they are in the far left corner of the store when you walk through the front doors.  The Hilltop Cub has quite a few shelves always full!  If a coupon ever beeps, it may be because they ring it up as "general merchandise" so they may have to type in the coupon.  Not a big deal at all though!  At the Hilltop today I found 12 pack of Ramen for $1.34 and a box of Jiffy Corn Bread for 28c.   



The clearance above is at the Hilltop Cub NOT in the back clearance.  It's in the #4 Isle.  There were packs of gift card holders that play music for only 75c.  So, if you like to give gift cards at Christmas time and want to dress it up a bit - you might want to swing into Cub.  There were quite a few left.  Along with some other Christmas items.
 At the bottom of your Cub receipts, check for a survey.  Fill it out - I do this about 90% of the time.  You won't win if you don't enter!  And if you remember your cashier's name (usually on your receipt in case you don't), mention that you liked him/her and why.  It's nice to get compliments :o)
And finally a gas discount will print off after your receipt.  You can stack 5 receipts per fill-up and it's good up to 15 gallons.  **PLUS** they calculate your cents off per gallon based on your total BEFORE COUPONS!  So I will usually use up my freebie coupons at Cub as it adds to my total to get cheaper gas :o)  There is a max amount you can save per gallon, and I'll let you know that next time (I need to remember!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment