Monday, July 18, 2011

Money Makeover Monday

Hi Friends! 

So, it's a little difficult to write a blog post on a money makeover when you aren't doing your homework.  On one hand, it shows I'm human and struggle with $$ just like everyone else.  On the other hand, I'm really not setting a good example for anyone right now.

We haven't made any improvements in our money makeover yet.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  I know we both want to keep moving forward, but we seem to be stuck at the end of the diving board with not enough guts to jump.  I'm going to try a new approach for the next week.  I found a spreadsheet I can print out.  Then we each can record bills or purchases as they happen and at the end of the week, I can enter them and we can review them.  I think part of the problem is finding a large enough block of time alone to really discuss finances. 

So, for now, here’s how our Money Makeover is looking:
Baby Emergency Fund:  Stocked plus a little extra
Vehicle Loan :  Need to get a more exact number on this
2011-2012 Tuition:  Starting to save now for the 1st half which is due in September.
Budget Tracking: F - or maybe I should give us an "incomplete" for not getting anything at all done?

That’s it for this week folks.  I'll be back next week to let you know how we're doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment