Friday, October 28, 2011

Financially Fit Friday

"When real faith grips you, you develop a mind-set that looks for the best in everything, refuses to give up, finds a way around or through every obstacle, and presses on to victory."
- Norman Vincent Peale


Have you started a money makeover? What are you planning on paying CASH for? What bill are you paying off? Share a bit of your story! No story is too small to share! Real life stories keep Sister C motivated :D

Emergency Fund - $1000 - STOCKED!

Tuition Payment - $1000 due on 1/25/2011
  • Currently saved $0
Credit Card Beginning Balance 4/29/11 - $6031.08
  • Deposited $3.98 in spare change.
  • Deposited $408.52 from leftover tips and paychecks.
  • Deposited $1876.52 from selling my car.
  • Current Balance - $0...ZIP...ZILCH...NADA...GOOSE EGG...ZERO
    • Goal is to have this loan paid off before Halloween - October 31, 2011! 
    • WE DID IT!!!  THANK YOU FOR THE PRAYERS!  Stay tuned for next week's edition for details on what are savings goal is for our future home!
    • This was tough for me to do.  I have always had a dream of owning my first car 'forever' - and showing my kids how to drive a stick shift in it.  I sold my car to Dad a few years ago in hopes he'd sell it back to me.  I never expected to get it back by inheriting it.  And I never thought I'd sell one dream in order for me to get a bigger dream. 
Fun Money - Not sure what to save up for.  I'm toying with the idea of visiting my sister in Maine in June...
  • Current Balance $108.72
    • This account pays for my membership at Curves, for my ladies night out, and gifts for birthdays and Christmas. So I need to start saving for Christmas! Oh wait, I'm excellent at finding sales/deals, so I don't need much lol
New TV Fund
    • WE BOUGHT A TV!  Ryan found a great deal on a 32" LED TV at Best Buy while I was in Wisconsin.  So we used some of the money from the car to pay for our first tv in ten years!  And guess what - YOU CAN SEE COLOR! lol  I'm amazed at the clarity compared to our old tube tv that's color dwindled down to a sephia tone :D 
      • Had $100 from Gift Money.
      • Used $50 from my fun money and $20 from Hubby's fun money
      • Used $123.48 from selling my car
        • Total $293.48
The following are the other loans we currently have, but will put them on the back burner as we save for a house bigger than a 2-bedroom for our family of SIX :D  We plan on keeping the duplex we currently own, and renting out the side we currently live in, thus earning more money each month that will pay these off for us :D 

Hubby's Student Loan as of 10/01/2011 $9395
My Student Loan as of 10/01/2011 $6480
Bank of America loan as of 10/01/2011 $2228.49, with minimum payments will be paid off in 17 months.
Family Loan $3000 - Will be paid back with tax return
Family Loan $1000 - Will be paid back with tax return

No comments:

Post a Comment