Friday, October 7, 2011

Recipe Exchange - Breakfast


Admit it, we can all use a few more good recipes. So share your favorite! Today, tell us what your best Breakfast Food recipe is! Send us a picture of your finished product, along with the recipe and you could be featured in a future Recipe Exchange post!

Below is a picture of Sister C's Granola!  I absolutely LOVE this and have made it twice in the last week!  Victor and Sylvia also love it, so Mom's happy :D

5 c. oatmeal
1 c. wheat flour (or soy or whatever flour you want to use)
1 c. dry milk (powdered milk)
1 c. chopped nuts (I use sliced almonds)
1 c. honey
1 c. oil (I used a canola/olive oil blend, but I want to use coconut in the future)
1 t. vanilla

Optional - which is why I love this recipe - you can add whatever you want to it!
1 t. cinnamon
1 c. coconut
1 c. sunflower seeds
1 c. of some other nut

Mix all together and back at 250* for about 30 minutes.  I bake it on a large cookie sheet/pan that has small sides.  Stir frequently.  (I usually remembered to do it about 5-6 times in 30 minutes.)  Cool and store in airtight container.

I've also noticed when I have this for breakfast, I am not hungry until noon.  It may be higher in calories, but they are healthy calories (depending on the oils and nuts you use).  So I'm completely ok with that.  I just need to learn to not eat it for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment