Monday, October 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I did really well on last week's menu plan all the way through Thursday night.  We hosted a sleepover on Friday and ended up with pizza take out.  Saturday we were invited out with friends and veered from the plan in favor of a fun night for the whole family.

This week's menu was a little challenging because we had such a busy weekend with our kids' sporting events.  I didn't get a chance to sit down and look at recipes and sale ads until 9:30 on Sunday  night.  By that time, I was tired and really didn't feel like working on a menu plan.  However, I have learned the hard way that the only way we will be able to have sit down meals as a family during the week is if I plan the menu before Monday.  So, I brought a stack of cookbooks and the lap top to bed with me and stayed up to get it done.  Even though I didn't want to bother with it, I know that I'll be glad tomorrow that I took the time to get it done.  All of that aside, here is what I came up with:

Monday:  Beef & Bean Burgers, Curly Fries

Tuesday:  Chili in the crock pot, Corn Bread

Wednesday:  Bacon 'n' Egg Quesadillas, Fruit

Thursday:  Mexican Manicotti, Corn

Friday:  Potato Soup, Grilled Cheese

Saturday:  Family Birthday Party

Sunday:  Potluck Tater Casserole in the crock pot


What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment