Monday, October 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Lunchbox Edition

I think I may have hit my first legitimate "bump in the road."  As I write this on Sunday night, my lunch prep drawers and looking very empty.  (In case you missed the original Lunchbox Edition of Menu Plan Monday, I've devised a new "lunch prep plan" which involves a little bit of prep on my part and a lot more involvement by the kids.  If you'd like to learn more about that, you can read about it here.)  I am not sure I have enough prepped food to pack three lunches tomorrow morning and no one got theirs done tonight.  I'm actually crossing my fingers that someone (x3) will want to eat the fish sandwich on the menu tomorrow.

I'll definitely be making a run to the store tomorrow to add what I'm about to plan for the lunchbox edition of Menu Plan Monday.

In the coming weeks I'd still like to work on adding more homemade and /or raw food choices.  I'll be on the prowl for easy and nutritious lunchbox ideas.  So please feel free to share anything that works for you and your kiddos.  (hint, hint)


Here are our lunch choices this week:


From the pantry: (pre-packed into single serving containers)
Breakfast on the Go
Gushers Fruit Snacks
Pretzels
Homemade banana bread / muffins

From the 'frig / freezer:
String Cheese
Carrots
Yogurt/Go-gurt
Pre-made "uncrustable" sandwiches (PB&J)
Danimals Smoothies
applesauce

 Now it's your turn - I'd love to hear what's going to be in your child's lunchbox this week.  Thanks in advance for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment