Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Transformation Tuesday

So, last week I started a new challenge and learned a lesson.  Finding time to exercise is very hard and setting goals should be done realistically, not idealistically.

My goal was to walk for 20 minutes each day.  I thought that was a small goal.  I was wrong.  Maybe it was because I started on a week that was incredibly jam packed with evening activities for my family.  Maybe it was because it was another busy week at work.  Maybe it was because I didn't try hard enough.  Maybe, maybe, maybe......

The reality is that I did not meet my 140 minute walking goal.  What I did do, with Scott's help, was to get the Wii fit to work again.  After I turned it on and it "talked" to me, I wasn't so sure if that was an accomplishment or not.  Although it did tell me that I have lost 20.9 pounds since the last time I signed in, 976 days ago, (No, that's not a typo, I meant 976 days ago)  it also told me I have a Wii fit age of 48 (!!) and I am obese. (ouch!!)  No wonder I stopped using it.

I did manage to get 10 minutes of step-aerobics and walking in before I had to go back to the cleaning task I abandoned and making supper for the family.  Unfortunately, that's the only actual "exercise" I can take credit for this week.  10 lonely minutes.  So, for next week I am setting a goal of 30 minutes.  Yep, 30 minutes for the entire week.  I know that's not enough, but it's more important for me to make a plan and succeed this week than anything else.  Hopefully I'll be able to find 30 minutes this week and then I will add on from there. One step at a time - right?

Do any of you use the Wii Fit?  What's your favorite exercise/activity?

No comments:

Post a Comment