Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Recipe - Energy Bites

So, I gave this recipe a try.  My 7-year-old will not eat peanut butter, but he mowed down these in no time flat.  :D  I thought they were ok, but considering they didn't last more than an hour in our house, and I know all the ingredients are good for us, I'll be making them again :D  Next time I need to make them into even smaller bites, maybe they will last longer lol

No Bake Energy Bites



1 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. peanut butter (or any nut butter)
1/3 c. honey
1/2 c. ground flaxseed (or cocoa powder)
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
1 t. vanilla (I think I added two teaspoons lol)

I also added 1 c. sliced almonds. 

Mix everything together.  Chill in the 'frig for about 30 minutes (I forgot and left it in for like two hours).  Then roll into balls.  Store in airtight container for up to one week.  Yeah, like they're going to last that long!

I'm not sure why I could use flaxseed or cocoa powder, I think next time instead of chocolate chips I'll try cocoa powder in addition to flaxseed.  That's what I love about recipes, you can mix and match, add this and take away that!

No comments:

Post a Comment