Monday, October 3, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Lunchbox Edition

We are over a month into our cold lunch routine and it's going remarkably well.  The kids are making their own lunches with minimal assistance from me and I feel little to no stress.  In case you missed the original Lunchbox Edition of Menu Plan Monday, I've devised a new "lunch prep plan" which involves a little bit of prep on my part and a lot more involvement by the kids.  If you'd like to learn more about that, you can read about it here.  I can now tell you with confidence - IT WORKS!!

In the coming weeks I'd like to work on adding more homemade and /or raw food choices.  I'll be on the prowl for easy and nutritious lunchbox ideas.  (hint, hint)


Here are our lunch choices this week:


From the pantry: (pre-packed into single serving containers)
Animal Crackers
Breakfast on the Go
Gushers Fruit Snacks
Chex Mix
Pop Tarts
Homemade banana bread / muffins

From the 'frig / freezer:
String Cheese
Carrots
Yogurt
Pre-made "uncrustable" sandwiches (turkey, cheese, turkey & cheese)
Danimals Smoothies
applesauce
grapes

 Now it's your turn - I'd love to hear what's going to be in your child's lunchbox this week.  Thanks in advance for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment