Friday, September 30, 2011

Financially Fit Friday

Have you started a money makeover? What are you planning on paying CASH for? What bill are you paying off? Share a bit of your story! No story is too small to share! Real life stories keep Sister C motivated :D

Emergency Fund - $600.91
  • We found out last week that our temporary health insurance ends this week.  I thought we had it for a few more months.  I tell ya, my brain is on overload recently, it doesn't surprise me that I didn't have that written down somewhere.  So I took out roughly $400 to help pay for our new "insurance."  I have that in quotations and will explain that at a later date.  I cannot begin to tell you how important having just a $1000 put aside that I'm unable to have access to with a debit card or check.  It makes you think twice before spending it.  We haven't had to touch it since I think February when Dad passed away.  I'm so thankful we have only had to touch it this one time since then, and I pray we don't have to touch it again for quite some time. 
Best Buy Credit Card - IS NOW PAID IN FULL lol  I have the slip that says the balance, and I paid that yesterday.  :D

Credit Card Beginning Balance 4/29/11 - $6031.08

  • Deposited $2.91 in spare change
  • Deposited $2.89 from Keebler Cookies rebate
  • Deposited $3.50 from Diamond rebate
  • Deposited $584 from leftover tips and paychecks
  • Deposited $50 from winning a work contest
  • Current Balance - $2690.99
    • Goal is to have this loan paid off before Halloween - October 31, 2011!
      • We may have to push this back to Thanksgiving time, as we ended up paying off the other credit card after starting to pay this one off, but I'm not willing to change the date quite yet. I'm still pursuing this date!
Make sure to come back next week and read up on how the Z Family began this whole journey three years ago, for the second  and last time.  I will bear all - in hopes that our story will inspire you to become debt free.  I'll post everything - the balances we began with, and to put it into perspective, I'll share roughly what our income was at that time in order to show you that no matter how much or little you make, you can also begin your journey to a better life!

No comments:

Post a Comment