Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

Last weekend, Scott and I filled the back of the van with some clothes and toys our family no longer needs or uses.  We were thinking about having a garage sale, but really don't have the time to make one work.  Since the garage sale option was out, we decided to take the things that hadn't made it to the garage attic yet to the New 2 You Thrift Store in North Mankato.  We aren't exactly "regulars," but we do take donations there multiple times each year.  It's my personal preferred store when I have items to donate.

After we dropped off our donation, we went to the front and looked around.  I found a Fall themed decoration for the front door, a metal wall decoration for our family room project, and a plate for about $6 total.  You'll see the plate in future blog posts.  I bought it so I could take photos of new recipes and post them here.  (The college plates we really use are a little too "busy" to show pictures of food.)

If you've never been to New 2 You, I suggest you check it out.  Thrift stores are a great place to find gently used clothes and household items for rock bottom prices.  It's also a way that you can help others while cleaning out your home.  Most thrift stores will provide a receipt for tax purposes if you ask.  It's really a win-win situation.

The thing I like about New 2 You is that the profits from the store are used to help fund Christian education in our area.  In a round about way, I get to clean my house, help others, and support my children's school all at the same time.  Like I said, a win-win situation.  Which thrift store is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment