Monday, September 5, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Last week I was going to try some new recipes.  I only got one made, but I really enjoyed it.  Two of the kids took one look and chose peanut butter, one kid liked it and hubby wrinkled his nose but ate one serving to be polite.  The one I got done was Hummus Bruschetta with Mediterranean Salad.  It's a cold salad on warm toast.  Here's a picture:

Again, I really liked it, but it's probably something I'll have to halve for the future or make when my Mom comes to visit.  This week I'm sticking to things a little less adventurous.  :o)

Sunday:  Grilling and bonfire with friends.  We brought fruit and homemade chocolate chip cookies. 

Monday:  Italian Zucchini in slow cooker

Tuesday: Chili with Corn Bread

Wednesday:  Scrambled Eggs, Toast and maybe Sausages

Thursday:  Vegetable Stir Fry with Rice

Friday:  Spinach and Chicken Pasta with Raw Veggies

You'll notice I don't put Saturday on my menu and I only have one meal a day planned.  My kids are old enough to get their own breakfast and I keep plenty of cereal or bagels or waffles on hand.  We are all at work or school during the day Monday - Friday.  We also tend to eat whatever is in the frig for Saturdays and Sunday lunches.  Occasionally I'll come up with something, but it's not usually planned.  Right now, this plan works for us.

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment