Monday, September 19, 2011

The Return of Money Makeover Monday



It's back - Money Makeover Monday.

Scott and I started a class in North Mankato at a local church last week Thursday.  We decided to invest $100 and sit through "Financial Peace University," by Dave Ramsey.  We've already read the books and started his program as you know from previous editions of this feature, but we've kid of stalled out a bit.  We decided the class / workbook fee was worth it to have 13 weeks of peer support and encouragement.  We will have weekly "homework" to do each week.  I can't wait.

The first week was just an introduction, and our first assignment is to create a "Quickie Budget."  We won't get our workbook until next week, but I'll update you each week on what we have re-learned.  If any local friends want to join the class, I'd love to have you join us.  Send me an e-mail and I'll share details with you.

My question for all of you this week is - Who has a written budget?  Who has a mental budget?  Who doesn't have a planned budget?  I'm just wondering how common a planned written budget is.  Thanks for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment